Let Us Review Your Case
Asbestos Exposure Can Cause Stomach Cancer
Stomach cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the stomach.
Cancer occurs when normal cells undergo a transformation whereby they grow and multiply without normal controls. Eventually, the cancer cells grow into masses called tumors. Tumors are cancerous only if they are malignant.
Malignant means that because of the tumor’s uncontrolled growth it encroaches on and invades neighboring tissue.
Benign tumors, although they may grow and penetrate below the surface layer of tissue, do not spread by metastasis to other parts of the body. Malignant tumors may spread to neighboring tissues by direct invasion or by traveling along lymphatic vessels and nerves or through the blood stream. This process of invading and spreading to other organs is called metastasis.
Risk Factors For Stomach Cancer Include:
- Being exposed to certain substances at work, i.e. asbestos exposure
- Using chew/snuff tobacco
- Diet (Diet high in salted, smoked, or poorly preserved foods)
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection of the stomach
- Chronic gastritis (Inflammation of the stomach)
- Gender (Male)
- Pernicious anemia
- Intestinal metaplasia
- Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) or gastric polyps
- Having a family history of stomach cancer
Common Stomach Cancer Symptoms Include:
- Stomach discomfort or pain
- Bloated feeling after eating
- Mild nausea
- Loss of appetite
- Blood in the stool
- Weight loss for no known reason
- Jaundice (yellowing of the eyes & skin)
- Ascites (build-up of fluid in the abdomen)
- Trouble swallowing
*These and other symptoms may be caused by stomach cancer. Other conditions may cause the same symptoms. This is not an all-inclusive list, nor should this list be used to self-diagnose.
Our experience as an asbestos law firm has shown that stomach cancer can be caused by asbestos exposure, and our combined 95 years of trial experience give our clients an advantage that many firms simply cannot offer.
In addition, we have a medical doctor who is also a mesothelioma lawyer, on staff who can provide invaluable expertise in handling cases involving mesothelioma. If you need an asbestos exposure attorney because you have been diagnosed with stomach cancer, contact our asbestos exposure law firm today. Our mesothelioma lawyers are here to help.