Have you been diagnosed with mesothelioma and have a fear that your treatment options may be limited? Unfortunately, while there is no cure for mesothelioma, several treatment options can help people in an attempt to prolong their lives. The different treatment options available depend upon the scope of the disease, or the cell type of the tumor, tumor stage and how much the tumor has progressed prior to detection. Common forms of mesothelioma treatment include: Surgery Chemotherapy Radiation therapy Additionally, there are alternative forms of therapy treatment available to victims of mesothelioma. Some of experimental treatments include gene therapy, immunotherapy and highly integrated adaptive radiotherapy (HI-ART). According to survivingmesothelioma.com, researchers at the University of Pennsylvania are also studying the effects of photodynamic therapy (PDT) in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma. The university recently received a grant for $8 million from the National Cancer Institute to look into the treatment option….
Read More »
Let Us Review Your Case
- Does Photodynamic Therapy Work on Mesothelioma Patients?
- I Developed Cancer after Being Exposed to Asbestos at Work. Can I File a Lawsuit?
- Former YMCA Building Owner Charged with Asbestos Violations
- Are You an Electrician Who Was Exposed to Asbestos? NY Families Awarded $25 Million
- Has Your Loved One Been Exposed to Asbestos? Massachusetts Man Found Guilty of Child Endangerment