How rare is mesothelioma? The disease is aggressive and is estimated to be diagnosed in about 3,000 Americans each year, although new studies suggest that death rates may be on the rise. According to a study by the National Cancer Intelligence Network (NCIN), rare cancers including mesothelioma, are now responsible for more than half the death rates in the United Kingdom. The study showed that the most common forms of cancer, breast, colorectal, lung and prostate, are identified as “the big four”, while other forms of cancers are designated as rare, and now make up more than 50 percent of cancer fatalities. The rare cancers include melanoma, pancreas, liver, thyroid and gallbladder. The NCIN study used data from 2011, finding that the rate that people are dying from these rare cancers is estimated to be at 54 percent. Sadly, as the study noted, the survival rate for mesothelioma is estimated…
Read More »
Let Us Review Your Case
- Is Mesothelioma Rare? Aggressive Cancers Overtaking Death Rate Statistics
- Does Photodynamic Therapy Work on Mesothelioma Patients?
- I Developed Cancer after Being Exposed to Asbestos at Work. Can I File a Lawsuit?
- Former YMCA Building Owner Charged with Asbestos Violations
- Are You an Electrician Who Was Exposed to Asbestos? NY Families Awarded $25 Million